VIEW ANOTHER COUNTRY:
Is your leader attending Rio+20?
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is attending.
Does your country have a Rio+20 preparatory committee?
- Bangladesh has a Rio+20 focal ministry to coordinate different stakeholders led by the Ministry of the Environment and supported by the Foreign Ministry and Finance Ministry.
Has your country completed a sustainable development review?
- Bangladesh has not completed a sustainable development review since Rio 1992.
Is your country planning on announcing new initiatives at Rio?
- Bangladesh is organizing a side event on climate vulnerability at the Climate Vulnerability Forum from June 18-19.
What is your vision for success at Rio+20?
- Reaffirmation of commitments by developed countries to developing countries in past international fora
- The outcome document needs to protect and reflect the interests of developing countries
- The outcome document must be short, practical, and concrete. There needs to be an implementation plan, rather than lofty goals.