VIEW ANOTHER COUNTRY:
Is your leader attending Rio+20?
- President Thein Sein is not yet committed to attend.
Does your country have a Rio+20 preparatory committee?
- Myanmar has created a coordinating committee under the Ministry of Forestry.
Has your country completed a sustainable development review?
- Myanmar formed the National Commission for Environmental Affairs in 1994.
What is your vision for success at Rio+20?
- Myanmar would like to see action taken towards poverty eradication.
- Survey performed by a student from the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. Responses provided by a country delegate. For more information, visit the official Myanmar page.